Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The 21st Century Sad Songs

Our eyes see things our heart doesn't want to.The easiest way to not get hurt is to not care... but that's the hardest thing to do.Its the way you look at me baby.Its just the way you make my heart go crazy. But now I can see.We aren't to be I see you with her and think: Somebody take the pain away, get out of my life or I'll go crazy...here comes the pain again, breaking up my heart its a tragic end...
 

Because my heart has been broken before, I don't want it broken anymore, I don't want to be hurt anymore, I don't want to cry anymore, keep your hands away from me, don't you shoot that look at me, I just want to be left alone, my heart has been broken before, I won't let anyone break it anymore.

If there was anything I could do to get the person I love back, my life would feel complete, and I could be happy just like when my body touched yours and your lips met mine.

One day you're going to wake up and realize how much you love me and when that day comes I am going to be snuggled up beside the one who knew.


Sad break up songs were the highlight of the 21st century. This decade of the 21st century (2000-2010) saw some of the worst moments in the history of mankind; war, economic distress, increase in the number of divorce cases, here are some of the best sad songs of the 21st century.
  • I Miss You ~ Blink-182
  • Mix Tape ~ Brand New
  • Inflatable ~ Bush
  • The Best Deceptions ~ Dashboard Confessional
  • Say Hello, Wave Goodbye ~ David Gray (Soft Cell)
  • The Blower’s Daughter ~ Damien Rice
  • Tiny Vessels ~ Death cab for Cutie
  • Company Calls Epilogue ~ Death Cab For Cutie
  • Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) ~ Deftones
  • Everything Reminds Me of Her ~ Elliot Smith
  • Telescope Eyes ~ Eisley
  • How to Save a Life ~ The Fray
  • Just Until Sundown ~ Further Seems Forever
  • Hide and Seek ~ Imogen Heap
  • Drugs or Me ~ Jimmy Eat World
  • You Have Killed Me ~ Morrissey
  • Blackout ~ Muse
  • Knives Out ~ Radiohead
  • Last Kiss ~ Pearl Jam (Wayne Cochran)
  • I Needed it Most ~ My Morning Jacket
  • Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Love Me ~ The Smiths
  • Tie Up My Hands ~ StarSailor
  • Konstantine ~ Something Corporate
  • New American Classic ~ Taking Back Sunday
  • Cigarette ~ Yellowcard
  • Your Cloud ~ Tori Amos
  • Haunt You Everyday ~ Weezer
  • Strange ~ Tori Amos
  • Dance With My Father ~ Luther Vandross

So these were the names of some top sad songs that made it to my list. If you think I have missed out on some meaningful songs, please let me know by leaving your valuable comments.

I wish you a pleasant listening.

See Ya Soon!

1 comment: